Leave me, I pray, a little
an informal reading of the edited script Thursday evening. We'll see what radical route Ruth has taken to her swift run-through of the text of Antony and Cleopatra. I have advance notice that she has cut the Soothsayer scene, and I told her that if that is so then she might as well cut the soliloquy just after wherein Antony says he will to Egypt and that he makes this marriage for his peace, "but i' th' East my pleasure lies." I think we're going to see what it's like without the supernatural. And also see what it's like if Antony really tries to be a good Roman and a good ally to Octavius, pressing his pillow in Rome and going for "the getting of a lawful race" with that "gem of women," Octavia. I've also been given permission by Michael, who's going off to play Macbeth at the same time, to take up my study of the text basically anywhere I please, rather then going in consecutive order. So I've jumped to Act III Scene Eleven (if you follow the scenes and acts etc), and the beginning of the climax of the play.
That above is a tippoo. And the redcoat personifies how Antony feels in that Act III Scene Eleven.
But I've become torn about this blog. I should be looking at other things, writing about other things, and where this is concerned, I should merely be memorizing the lines when I can. You know? Why make it more complicated? I seem to be trying to psych myself out with this blog. I seem to be testing how resilient I am against the potential sideswipe putdown of the sort that used to undo me way back in theatre-school. That made me stop acting for six years.
So this log might just up and disappear one day soon, victim of the 'Delete this Blog' button, which yes, exists, despite the detritus of aborted blogs barely begun all over the internet, and easily used...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home