Monday, July 10, 2006

Rain

Today, after a week of table work, we read the play again from start to finish. It was a heavy downpouring day, so we read indoors in the Bad Dog Theatre space on the Danforth.

I felt it was my last chance to explore the role with the resonant assistance of walls. So I went for it.

I feel, doing this, that all the writing I've ever done was merely in the service of preparing for this play. The way I learned to wield language was all in the service of one day speaking again this kind of verse.

I also realized that in the 'triple-turned whore' scene, Antony is in high confusion, stark raving mad. I have no idea really how I'm going to find my way there.

2 Comments:

Blogger yasser said...

so you are playing anthony in the play?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Sean Dixon - said...

yes

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Delaware Quick Payday Loans