The Cherry On Top - Ugly Antony
I've been planning to make this post for a while. It's always felt dishonest to leave this out, though if I could, I'd excise the image of the elegant and beautiful Lesley Dowey propping up a stiff and two-dimensional-looking me. I know she was concerned that she's not doing anything in the photograph, but at least she doesn't look like a horse's ass.
Still, I decided to include the whole thing at the top of this blog not out of any sense of masochism, but rather to underscore for myself the idea of Antony as a character who carries on in the face of failure. To me, Antony is the archetype of the man for whom failure merely points up the ephemeral beauty of life.
And here's a recent piece on beauty and power.
Bye.
Still, I decided to include the whole thing at the top of this blog not out of any sense of masochism, but rather to underscore for myself the idea of Antony as a character who carries on in the face of failure. To me, Antony is the archetype of the man for whom failure merely points up the ephemeral beauty of life.
And here's a recent piece on beauty and power.
Bye.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home